Angie's Virtual Data Room
With the recent launches of Angie projects in the USA, UK and the Netherlands, there are many achievements to report about.
Angie's Phase I allows the company to start building a fiber and wireless network that goes beyond 5G-ready, which is exactly why we coined the term 5G-Primed (www.5GPrimed.com). As you know, the ever-growing data consumption and the upcoming 5G revolution necessitates the building of fiber access networks as close to the mobile/wireless user as possible.
The equipment required from vendors in Phase I revolves around outdoor carrier-class Wi-Fi, with an eye on (multi-band) mobile convergence. Each of Angie's Wi-Fi aggregation points will be fiber-fed, which is one of the many major facts that sets Angie's projects apart from Google's and Facebook's recently announced Gigabit wireless projects. This is truly Fiber to the Wi-Fi, and in fact virtual-Fiber-to-the-Home.
The following documents are available for public viewing:
- - Angie Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (must be submitted in order to proceed with ITT - contact us for a copy)
- - Angie's Invitation to Tender (ITT) - document for builders, engineers, technology and solution vendors
- - Angie Executive Summary (added February 8, 2017)
- - Cities abandoned by Google Fiber are back in the running to become Gigabit Cities (Press Release, February 8, 2017)
- - Watch NBA Hall of Fame legend Rick Barry (Angie's supervisory board member) explain Gigabit Wireless Extreme - preview
- - Watch an explainer video for Wired Extreme
- - Angie's Gigabit Cities - Wireless Extreme RFP for the USA - for City reps
- - Angie's Gigabit Cities - Wireless Extreme RFP for the UK - for City reps
- - Recently, the Angie team published an analysis on the “Smart” industry, laying bare the risks, shortcomings, challenges and opportunities of large-scale, city-wide Internet-of-Things and Smart City projects. Click here for the document.
Angie recently announced its revolutionary Gigabit Wireless Extreme projects. please click here for the announcement, or visit www.angiewireless.com (USA), www.angiewireless.co.uk (UK) and www.angiewireless.nl (Netherlands).
If you are a company representative, city rep or anyone else interested in doing business with Angie, you can register your interest through this form.